ORANGE COUNTY GLOBAL MEDICAL CENTER
Orange County Global Medical Center is proud to have received the highest award for Comprehensive Stroke Center Performance Achievement from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Our Comprehensive Stroke Center is one of less than 300 accredited centers nationwide and holds designation as a Stroke-Neurology Receiving Center (SNRC) by Orange County Emergency Medical Services.
Our highly trained stroke teams include board-certified emergency physicians, neurologists, and other stoke care specialists devoted to delivering exceptional patient care. Our dedication to patients, families, and our community is further extended by including acute and inpatient stroke center services at Anaheim Global Medical Center, Chapman Global Medical Center, Hemet Global Medical Center, and South Coast Global Medical Center
The Comprehensive Stroke Center program at Orange County Global Medical Center offers:
- Emergency rapid screening
- Dedicated stroke team
- 24-hour access to stroke neurology, neurosurgical, endovascular specialists
- Rapid radiology, including CT and MRI scanning
- Ultrasonography, doppler, and echocardiography
- IV/AV Thrombolytic therapy (tPA)
- Mechanical endovascular clot retrieval procedures (Neuro-intervention)
- Neuro-critical nursing units
- Comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services
- Stroke education programs
- Community outreach
A stroke occurs when the brain is deprived of sufficient blood flow, leading to an interruption in the delivery of vital oxygen and nutrients. A delayed disruption of normal blood flow can cause lasting damage to brain tissue. The key to getting early treatment and recovery is in recognizing the stoke signs and symptoms as FAST as possible and calling 9-1-1 immediately.
Use F.A.S.T. to remember and recognize the following signs of a stroke:
Our Stroke Department is available to provide additional information and can be reached at (714) 953-3370 or stroke@KPCHealth.com.